· Journey along railways & over bridges built by POW labour
· Inspired famous film The Bridge Over the River Kwai
· POW cemetery memorialising over 6,000 WWII prisoners of war
· Relaxing long-tailed speedboat ride along Mae Klong River
· Authentic & sumptuous Thai buffet lunch
Take a day trip to visit the scenic Mueang region, famous for its WWII history and natural beauty. Explore the area by road, river and railway as you visit the historic POW cemetery, the unique JEATH Museum and the renowned Bridge on the River Kwai.
Start your day with an early hotel pick-up and head towards the Mueang region, where you honour the memories of over 6,000 deceased prisoners of World War II at the cemetery where they are interred. Proceed to the JEATH War Museum – which stands for Japanese, English, Australian, American, Thai and Holland – to learn about the harsh realities of war and observe mementos that were left behind.
Afterward, tear upstream along the Mae Klong River in a long-tail speedboat towards Bridge 277, the infamous Bridge over the River Kwai, which inspired the book and film of the same name. This black iron and concrete bridge, constructed by prisoners of war, still stands today.
Walk along the bridge and check out the local street markets before taking a train ride along Death Railway. This historic railway was constructed by World War II POWs, and many lives were sacrificed at the cost of laying its tracks. Reflect as you appreciate pacific views of the serene countryside.
Upon arriving at your station, disembark the train and take a short hike across the jungle to your delicious buffet lunch at Jungle Restaurant. With memories of the day fresh in your mind, return comfortably to Bangkok.
Guided tour of Mae KlongRiver and Mueang region
· Long-tail speedboat ride
· Train ride along Death Railway
· Admission fees
· Roundtrip transport to and from your Bangkok hotel by coach
· Live tour commentary provided in English
Drinks, bottled water and snacks
· Children aged 1 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
· Child (2-11 years)
You can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before your reservation starts. After that time, no cancellations, changes or refunds will be made.
Khwae Yai, Mueang, Thailand