· Spiritually enriching Buddhist almsgiving ceremony
· Fascinating temple architecture & religious traditions
· Wat Benchamabophit – majestic Marble Temple
· Gorgeous & freshly cut flowers at 24-hour Pak Klong Talat
· Relaxing roundtrip transfer from your central Bangkok hotel
Visit one of the most majestic Buddhist temples at Wat Benchamabophit, and participate in the tradition of giving alms to Buddhists monks. Later, stroll through the vast and brightly coloured array of flowers at breathtaking Pak Klong Talat, a 24-hour wholesale flower market.
Head from your hotel to Wat Benchamabophit, or the Marble Temple, to participate in a Buddhist almsgiving ceremony. Your guide show you how to make an offering of food or alms to the monks who reside nearby, which will sustain them throughout the day as they study and meditate. Step into the temple and get a glimpse of the 52 statues of Buddha and the ornate carvings within its fascinating interior.
Continue onward to Pak Klong Talat, Bangkok’s largest wholesale flower market. Soak in the intense fragrances and colours of the various fresh flowers, particularly orchids and jasmine. Learn about the fundamental role of flowers in Thai culture, and witness the crafting of thephuang malai (ornate flower garlands) that brighten up all corners of this bustling city and are believed to bring good luck.
Guided tour of Marble Temple and flower market
· Roundtrip transport to and from your central Bangkok hotel
· Live tour commentary provided in English
· Drinks, bottled water and snacks
· Children aged 1 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
· At least two people are required for this activity to take place.
· You must prepare your own alms if you wish to make an offering to the monks.
· Child (2-11 years)
You can cancel free of charge until 72 hours before your reservation starts. After that time, no cancellations, changes or refunds will be made.
Marble Temple, Bangkok, Thailand